- Assistant Greco Roman Olympic Training Center
- 4th place in the World Championship 2003
- US Olympian 2000 and 2004
Jim Gruenwald's 1000 Rep Work Out
4 sets of 10 exercises with reps in order 10, 40, 30, and 20. The first set of 10 exercises done 10 times each as a warm up. After each set is done I normally take a 1-3 min break to get water. There is no stopping until the 10th exercise of each set is done.
The 10 exercises are:
1) Spins (reps are split to half each direction)
2) Snap downs
3) Good mornings (bag on shoulders)
4) Body Twist (bag on shoulders)
5) Squat jumps (bag on shoulders)
6) Military Press (long handles) (Can substitute push press with short handles)
7) Hammer Curl (Can substitute regular curls)
8) High Pulls
9) Sit ups
10) Push ups
Do set of 10 reps for all 10 exercises, 1 min break, do set of 40 reps for all 10 exercises, 2-3 min break, set of 30 reps for all 10 exercises, 1-2 min break, set of 20 reps for all 10 exercises. Sometimes on the last set of pushups I make them hold at different points to determine mental toughness and muscular endurance. Workout done!
- Head Coach Greco Roman Olympic Training Center
- 2nd place in the World Championship
The Kettle Bell Work Out with Ivan Ivanov
Here is another extreme workout using kettle Bells, watch the video below. This workout is great for endurance, upper body strengh, and training for balance.